The former St. Vincenz hospital, situated in the medieval town center of Paderborn, has been converted by the firm of David Chipperfield into a new headquarters for the company Jacoby Studios. Originally a 17th-century Capuchin monastery, the ensemble was used as a hospital from 1841 onwards, and severely damaged during World War II. Subsequently the complex suffered several changes and extensions. The conversion for Jacoby Studios involved removing postwar additions to expose the monastery fabric once again, in particular preserving and restoring the chapel facade, the cloister, the east wing, and the cellar of the 1600s. New extension wings rising two or three floors are arranged in accordance with the orthogonal structure to the north, west, and south of the original buildings, resulting in a well balanced composition of different volumes. The complex takes on an identity of its own while maintaining its historic continuity.