Leaving as legacy an oeuvre that is inexorably linked to the Spanish architecture the last half of the 20th century, Pedro Casariego died on 8 September in Madrid, the city where he graduated in 1953 and where in 1955 he founded his studio with Genaro Alas. Part of that generation of the sixties that was able to adhere to modernity without the burden of eclectic academicism, together they endorsed some of the works that brought rationalism to the capital’s horizon, such as the disappeared factory of Café Monkey (1960) and the Edificio Centro (1965). The residential complex Los Olivos (1965) and the student residence Elías Ahuja (1968), both in Madrid, take stock of his approach towards a shy organicism, also tested in the architect’s own house (1967). With the reflecting enclosures of the Windsor and Trieste buildings, the studio left its imprint on Madrid’s financial district. Right in front, in 1995 the gallery of the Ministry of Public Works housed a monographic exhibition on his work. And the Architectural Association of Madrid set up another retrospective in 2002, inaugurated a few days after his death.