On the 12 May Fernando Moreno Barberá died; a prolific author, he was among those who recuperated the Modern language in Spain during the fifties. Born in Ceuta in 1913, he graduated as an architect in 1940. After a spell at Paul Bonatz’s Berlin studio, he worked at the National Institute of Industry where he met Julio Cano Lasso, with whom he built the neighborhood of San Antonio in Madrid (1955-57) and the Madrid viaduct apartments (1958-62), where Juan Gómez González de la Buelga and Rafael de la Joya also collaborated. Within the context of the INI, he also participated in the creation of the parador network, although his most important output without doubt, are his university buildings. They illustrate his esteem for the most monumental and sculptural Le Corbusier and his idea of an architecture defined by its essential attributes: proportions, articulation of spaces, light and the quality of the materials. Examples of this are the Faculties of Law in Valencia (1959-1960), Biology and Geology in Madrid (1965-1966), the Agriculture School in Cordoba (1964-1968) and the Cheste Laboral University (1967-1969).