Retired since 1996, the architect Sheldon Fox passed away at the end of 2006 in Fairfield, New York, after a long illness. In 1972 he co-founded the successful architecture studio Kohn Pederson Fox (KPF), its name reflecting the surnames of the three founding members. With time, they became known as one of the best teams in the United States, with offices in New York, London and Shanghai. Within the studio, Fox was responsible for negotiating and closely following the most important projects, such as the seat of the World Bank in Washington, an imposing building that alternates metal and glass panels in which the nearby White House is reflected; the tower at 333 Wacker Drive in Chicago, with its elliptical base and green glass facade, and the group of ABC buildings on Manhattan’s West Side. Born in the Bronx, this native New Yorker earned his degree at the University of Pennsylvania in 1953, and later became an Army lieutenant during the Korean War. It was not until 1955 that he was able to begin his fruitful professional trajectory as a draftsman, and later on as a partner, in Kahn & Jacobs.