As soon as they completed their studies at the Polytechnic Institute of Milan, Gian Luigi Banfi, Enrico Peressutti, Ernesto Nathan Rogers and Ludovico Barbiano di Belgiojoso founded in 1932 BBPR, an architectural studio that would become one of the first representatives of Italian rationalism. Their active participation in the Italian Resistence, which took Banfi and Belgiojoso to the Mathausen concentration camp, would end with the death of the former, leaving the young group without one of the names that formed the group’s initials. The Velasca Tower in Milan and the exhibition building for Olivetti in New York are two of the most representative symbols of a current that pursued the reedition of traditional architectural types in the light of the new architectural language. His work as architect extended to the fields of furniture and interior design, and to the restoration of significant buildings such as the Sforzesco castle of Milan, while his theoretical research led to the publication of several texts in the magazine Quadrante. Belgiojoso passed away in the Lombard city in which he was born.