Lundgaard & Tranberg, Kannikegård parish building in Ribe
Photos:Anders Sune Berg
Founded early in the 8th century, Ribe is one of Denmark’s oldest towns. In the medieval quarter stands the Kannikegård building with its steeply pitched roof, a work of the Danish firm Lundgaard & Tranberg. It contains auxiliary spaces for the nearby cathedral, completed in 1250, such as offices, meeting rooms, rehearsal halls, and venues for events. The three-story volume is raised on concrete pillars in order to preserve and display the archaeological remains that turned up on the construction site, objects which belonged to a monastery erected in the year 1100. Interrupted by windows of different sizes and irregular shapes, reddish brown tiles overlap as they cover the facades that rise over a glass base paced by oakwood boards.
analyzes in each issue a theme related to a city, a country, a tendency or an
architect, with articles by leading specialists complemented by commentary on works
and projects illustrated in detail. Published bilingually, with Spanish and English
texts placed side by side.
covers current topics, taking stock of recent trends in set sections: cover story,
works and projects, art and culture, books, technique and innovation. From 2013
on, monthly and bilingual, with Spanish and English texts printed side by side.
is the third member of the AV family: a bilingual publication essentially focussed
on design projects (with special attention on competitions and construction details),
heretofore only laterally dealt with in the other two magazines.